- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine soften butter with shortening, sugar and brown sugar and vanilla. Beat until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually add flour mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 min. Note: I take them out of the oven before they start to turn dark! Do not double this recipe, or they don't bake soft. Can make this recipe for bars too. Spread dough into greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake them at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15-20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 411 | Total Fat: 23.1g | Cholesterol: 38mg